Course IntroductionCreating compelling video and audio digital news packages
What's it about?
Communications professionals are often pressured to produce video for campaigns. The challenge is to produce video that is compelling and achieves the impact you want. This workshop will provide you with knowledge and skills on how to achieve this. It will give you a better understanding of what video can do for your brand. Video is an integral part of the communications mix and knowing how to integrate it effectively in your campaign or strategy will ensure greater success.
Who should attend?
This workshop will benefit communications, PR or marketing professionals regardless of their seniority.
- The current video landscape
- How to make video work: drive sales, inform, call to action etc.
- Choosing the right channel to reach your audience
- How to successfully integrate video into your PR / social campaign
- Common pitfalls
- How to spend your budget effectively
- Measuring success
Participants will benefit from a deeper understanding of the process of video production, from short form branded content for social media, through to editorial B-Roll for broadcast onto high spec creative videos.
Course Structure Highlights
- The principles of good video reports
- Identifying the best stories for video treatment and how to add value
- The differences between writing for the page and the picture
- Interviewing for video and audio
- What makes a good sound bite
- Constructing reports
- Constructing a timeline
- Building video into your campaign or communications plan
- Budgeting for video and getting value for money
- Monitoring and evaluation of impact